MBE for Lynda Myles who raised millions for disadvantaged children

Posted by / Tuesday 16 February 2016 /
Lynda-Myles

His Royal Highness Prince Charles presented Henley resident Lynda Myles Till with an MBE at a Buckingham Palace ceremony last week (Thursday 11 February) in recognition of her tireless work raising millions of pounds for the charity Action for Children.

Lynda Myles Till Photo

Lynda decided to get involved with the charity after meeting Catherine – an eight-year-old who was abused so badly she was left paralysed for life. From that meeting Lynda founded the first of the charity’s appeal groups, which brought together influential figures from the business world to help raise vital funds for the charity’s support services.

More than 30 years on, she continues to be a tireless supporter of Action for Children and over the years has spearheaded some of the charity’s biggest fundraising initiatives – from gala balls to banquets, to lunches to, most recently, the Spring Ladies Lunch, which was the most successful in its history.

Lynda said: “I am delighted to be recognised in this way and proud of the work I do with Action for Children.

"I had such a fantastic day - it was thrilling to receive the honour and to chat briefly with Prince Charles about how the charity is working as hard as ever to support thousands of disadvantaged children and young people in communities across the UK."

Lynda Myles

Sir Tony Hawkhead, chief executive of Action for Children, said: “This honour is a testament to Lynda’s extraordinary good work. Her commitment and dedication has helped to raise millions of pounds which continues to make a huge contribution to Action for Children’s work and the lives of some of the most vulnerable people in society.”

Help us do more.

Your support will help us make life better for the UK's most vulnerable children and young people.